Football is just around the corner, and we at BigCountryPreps.com are committed to bringing you the information you need to prepare for your favorite team’s season.
We’ll be releasing our Big Country Preps Preseason Football Preview, the most comprehensive look at the upcoming Big Country football season anywhere, on Wednesday, Aug. 16. But you won’t have to wait until then to sate your gridiron appetite.
Leading up to the first day of fall football practice on July 31, we’ll be spotlighting each 11-man team in the area and posing some of the key questions they’ll face in 2023 as part of our annual “Countdown to Two-a-Days” series.
We continue in Class 2A Division II with the Haskell Indians. On Monday we will take a look at the Santo Wildcats, followed by the Hico Tigers on Tuesday.
LAST YEAR’S RECORD
- 5-6 overall, 3-3 in District 7-2A Division II
ONE KEY STAT
- Haskell reached the postseason for the second straight year and the sixth time in eight years last season, but the Indians earned a third our fourth playoff seed in all of those campaigns.
TWO NAMES TO KNOW
- Senior OL/DL Nate Roewe (A physical presence on both sides of the ball at 6-foot-3 and 285 pounds)
- Senior WR/DB Nemo Silvas (Received for 198 yards and 4 touchdowns in 2022)
THREE BURNING QUESTIONS
- Who will emerge as the Indians’ playmakers at the skill positions this year?
- With six new starters expected on both sides of the ball, can Haskell gain enough experience in nondistrict play to contend in District 7-2A DII?
- Can the Indians turn their size on the lines into an advantage at the point of attack?
DON’T MISS BIG COUNTRY PREPS PRESEASON FOOTBALL PREVIEW ON AUG. 16!