Football is just around the corner, and we at BigCountryPreps.com are committed to bringing you the information you need to prepare for your favorite team’s season.
We’ll be releasing our Big Country Preps Preseason Football Preview, the most comprehensive look at the upcoming Big Country football season anywhere, on Wednesday, Aug. 17. But you won’t have to wait until then to sate your gridiron appetite.
Leading up to the first day of fall football practice on Aug. 1, we’ll be spotlighting each 11-man team in the area and posing some of the key questions they’ll face in 2022 as part of our annual “Countdown to Two-a-Days” series.
We stay in Class 3A Division I with the Jim Ned Indians. On Tuesday we will take a look at the Brock Eagles followed by the Snyder Tigers on Wednesday.
JIM NED INDIANS
LAST YEAR’S RECORD
- 12-1 overall, 5-0 District 3-3A Division I
ONE KEY STAT
- The Indians have won a combined 26 games over the last two seasons, matching the best two-year win total in the history of the program. Jim Ned also went 26-2 in 2003 and 2004 under coach Brad McCoy.
TWO NAMES TO KNOW
- Senior OL/DL Gage Stanaland (Graded out at 92 percent while totaling 59 tackles, 14 tackles for loss and 7½ sacks in 2021)
- Senior LB Tanner Hussman (Had 95 tackles, 7 tackles for loss and 2½ sacks in 2021)
THREE BURNING QUESTIONS
- Can the Indians continue their recent of dominance after graduating 13 of 27 lettermen from last year’s squad?
- What impact will call-ups from a 10-0 JV team have for Jim Ned this fall?
- Who will take over at quarterback after losing multi-year standout Tate Yardley to graduation?
DON’T MISS BIG COUNTRY PREPS PRESEASON FOOTBALL PREVIEW ON AUG. 17!