Football is just around the corner, and we at BigCountryPreps.com are committed to bringing you the information you need to prepare for your favorite team’s season.
We’ll be releasing our Big Country Preps Preseason Football Preview, the most comprehensive look at the upcoming Big Country football season anywhere, on Wednesday, Aug. 17. But you won’t have to wait until then to sate your gridiron appetite.
Leading up to the first day of fall football practice on Aug. 1, we’ll be spotlighting each 11-man team in the area and posing some of the key questions they’ll face in 2022 as part of our annual “Countdown to Two-a-Days” series.
We stay in Class 3A Division I with the Brock Eagles. On Wednesday we will take a look at the Snyder Tigers followed by the Sweetwater Mustangs on Thursday.
LAST YEAR’S RECORD
- 15-1 overall, 7-0 District 4-3A Division I
ONE KEY STAT
- The Eagles have won at least 12 games every year since 2014. Last year’s 15 victories marked the second highest win total in program history.
TWO NAMES TO KNOW
- Senior QB Tyler Moody (Had 3,096 yards and 45 touchdowns passing and 540 yards and 10 touchdowns rushing in 2021)
- Senior FB/LB Zach Brewster (Had 382 yards and 3 touchdowns receiving while adding 123 tackles, 7 tackles for loss, 5 sacks and 5 interceptions in 2021)
THREE BURNING QUESTIONS
- With more lettermen lost to graduation (17) than returners (15), can Brock repeat last year’s success, which saw the Eagles reach the state title game for the third time in program history?
- Who will emerge as Brock’s top receiving targets after graduating a pair of Division I athletes in receiver Eli Potts (Tulsa) and tight end Nathan Jones (Minnesota)
- Can an Eagle defense with five starters back match the success BHS enjoyed a year ago, when it held its opponents to 14.3 points per game?
DON’T MISS BIG COUNTRY PREPS PRESEASON FOOTBALL PREVIEW ON AUG. 17!