Football is just around the corner, and we at BigCountryPreps.com are committed to bringing you the information you need to prepare for your favorite team’s season.
We’ll be releasing our Big Country Preps Preseason Football Preview, the most comprehensive look at the upcoming Big Country football season anywhere, on Wednesday, Aug. 17. But you won’t have to wait until then to sate your gridiron appetite.
Leading up to the first day of fall football practice on Aug. 1, we’ll be spotlighting each 11-man team in the area and posing some of the key questions they’ll face in 2022 as part of our annual “Countdown to Two-a-Days” series.
We stay in Class 2A Division I with the Colorado City Wolves. On Sunday we will take a look at the Hawley Bearcats, followed by the Stamford Bulldogs on Monday.
COLORADO CITY WOLVES
LAST YEAR’S RECORD
- 1-9 overall, 1-4 in District 3-2A Division I
ONE KEY STAT
- Colorado City was outscored 317-94 a year ago for an average margin of 35.2-10.4. But that marked significant improvement over the two previous seasons, as the Wolves were outscored 429-79 in 2019 and 386-35 in 2020.
TWO NAMES TO KNOW
- Junior OL/DL Christian Asbhy (Had 9 pancakes on offense and 21 tackles and 2 sacks on defense in 2021)
- Senior WR/DB Jorda Raschke (Had 154 yards and1 TD receiving while adding 45 tackles and 2 interceptions in 2021)
THREE BURNING QUESTIONS
- Can first-year Colorado City coach Monty Leaf take some positive strides with a young club that returns just 13 lettermen from last year’s squad?
- Is junior quarterback Mayson Monroe ready to emerge as a difference-maker in his third varsity season?
- Can a defense that returns just four starters improve after allowing 35 points per game last fall?
DON’T MISS BIG COUNTRY PREPS PRESEASON FOOTBALL PREVIEW ON AUG. 17!