Football is just around the corner, and we at BigCountryPreps.com are committed to bringing you the information you need to prepare for your favorite team’s season.
We’ll be releasing our Big Country Preps Preseason Football Preview, the most comprehensive look at the upcoming Big Country football season anywhere, on Wednesday, Aug. 17. But you won’t have to wait until then to sate your gridiron appetite.
Leading up to the first day of fall football practice on Aug. 1, we’ll be spotlighting each 11-man team in the area and posing some of the key questions they’ll face in 2022 as part of our annual “Countdown to Two-a-Days” series.
We stay in Class 2A Division I with the Hawley Bearcats. On Monday we will take a look at the Stamford Bulldogs, followed by the Winters Blizzards on Tuesday.
LAST YEAR’S RECORD
- 15-1 overall, 5-0 in District 3-2A Division I
ONE KEY STAT
- The Bearcats have averaged 10.6 wins since 2015. Before that year, Hawley had never won more than seven games in a season.
TWO NAMES TO KNOW
- Senior WR/DB Kason O’Shields (Had 722 yards and 8 touchdowns receiving, 715 return yards and 7 interceptions in 2021)
- Senior WR/LB Will Scott (Had 110 tackles, 12 tackles for loss and 8 interceptions in 2021)
THREE BURNING QUESTIONS
- With 18 lettermen returning, including seven offensive and eight defensive starters, can the Bearcats get back to Arlington in 2022?
- What will the Hawley lines look like after graduating a number of standouts over the past two seasons?
- Can the HHS defense be even better than it was last year when it held opponents to just 9.6 points per game, including seven shutouts?
DON’T MISS BIG COUNTRY PREPS PRESEASON FOOTBALL PREVIEW ON AUG. 17!