Football is just around the corner, and we at BigCountryPreps.com are committed to bringing you the information you need to prepare for your favorite team’s season.
We’ll be releasing our Big Country Preps Preseason Football Preview, the most comprehensive look at the upcoming Big Country football season anywhere, on Wednesday, Aug. 17. But you won’t have to wait until then to sate your gridiron appetite.
Leading up to the first day of fall football practice on Aug. 1, we’ll be spotlighting each 11-man team in the area and posing some of the key questions they’ll face in 2022 as part of our annual “Countdown to Two-a-Days” series.
We stay in Class 2A Division I with the Cisco Loboes. On Saturday we will take a look at the Colorado City Wolves, followed by the Hawley Bearcats on Sunday.
LAST YEAR’S RECORD
- 11-3 overall, 4-1 in District 4-2A Division I
ONE KEY STAT
- Cisco has won at least 10 games in a season 14 times since 2002. And of the six seasons in which they failed to reach that threshold, four ended with nine wins and another ended with eight.
TWO NAMES TO KNOW
- Senior QB Hunter Long (Rushed for 2,182 yareds and 32 touchdowns and passed for 949 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2021)
- Senior RB/LB Trent Huston (Rushed for 1,518 yards and 18 touchdowns and had 50 tackles, 4 tackles for loss and 1 interception in 2021)
THREE BURNING QUESTIONS
- With 17 lettermen returning from last year’s squad, including six offensive and nine defensive starters, can Cisco top Hawley for the District 4-2A Division I title this fall?
- After leading the Loboes to 33.1 points per game as a sophomore and 39.5 points per game as a junior, what does quarterback Hunter Long have in store for his final high school season?
- How good can a talented and experienced Loboes defense be after holding opponents to just 16.7 points per game last season?
DON’T MISS BIG COUNTRY PREPS PRESEASON FOOTBALL PREVIEW ON AUG. 17!