Football is just around the corner, and we at BigCountryPreps.com are committed to bringing you the information you need to prepare for your favorite team’s season.
We’ll be releasing our Big Country Preps Preseason Football Preview, the most comprehensive look at the upcoming Big Country football season anywhere, on Wednesday, Aug. 16. But you won’t have to wait until then to sate your gridiron appetite.
Leading up to the first day of fall football practice on July 31, we’ll be spotlighting each 11-man team in the area and posing some of the key questions they’ll face in 2023 as part of our annual “Countdown to Two-a-Days” series.
We continue in Class 5A Division II with the Cooper Cougars. On Sunday we will wrap up our Countdown to Two-a-Days series with the Abilene High Eagles.
LAST YEAR’S RECORD
- 6-6 overall, 3-2 in District 2-5A Division II
ONE KEY STAT
- The Cougars enter this season on a 16-year playoff streak, reaching the postseason in each of coach Aaron Roan’s five seasons on campus.
TWO NAMES TO KNOW
- Senior RB Daniel Bray (Rushed for 731 yards and 10 touchdowns and received for 303 yards and 1 TD in 2022)
- Sophomore DE Dycin Davis (Had 57 tackles, 7 tackles for loss and 3 sacks in 2022)
THREE BURNING QUESTIONS
- With the graduation of quarterback Chris Warren and its three leading receivers, what will Cooper’s passing game look like this fall?
- What kind of contributions will the Cougars get from their sophomores and junior classes this season?
- Can CHS improve on the defensive end after allowing 26.2 points per game a year ago?
DON’T MISS BIG COUNTRY PREPS PRESEASON FOOTBALL PREVIEW ON AUG. 16!