Football is just around the corner, and we at BigCountryPreps.com are committed to bringing you the information you need to prepare for your favorite team’s season.
We’ll be releasing our Big Country Preps Preseason Football Preview, the most comprehensive look at the upcoming Big Country football season anywhere, on Wednesday, Aug. 17. But you won’t have to wait until then to sate your gridiron appetite.
Leading up to the first day of fall football practice on Aug. 1, we’ll be spotlighting each 11-man team in the area and posing some of the key questions they’ll face in 2022 as part of our annual “Countdown to Two-a-Days” series.
We move to Class 3A Division I with the Breckenridge Buckaroos. On Saturday we will take a look at the Clyde Bulldogs followed by the Jim Ned Indians on Sunday.
LAST YEAR’S RECORD
- 4-7 overall, 3-2 District 3-3A Division I
ONE KEY STAT
- Breckenridge snapped a two-year playoff drought in 2021. Before that, the Buckaroos had reached the postseason every year from 2010 to 2018.
TWO NAMES TO KNOW
- Senior RB/DB Anson Rodgers (Had 468 yards rushing, 440 yards receiving and 11 total touchdowns while tallying 91 tackles, 2 tackles for loss and 1 sack in 2021)
- Senior RB/DL Jerry Lawson (Had 675 yards rushing, 205 yads receiving and 19 total touchdowns while tallying 48 tackles, 13 tackles for loss and 4 sacks in 2021)
THREE BURNING QUESTIONS
- With 18 returning lettermen, including seven starters on both sides of the ball, how much improvement can the Buckaroos make in 2022?
- How much more comfortable will senior quarterback Chase Lehr be behind center after passing for 1,755 yards and 14 touchdowns last season?
- Can an experienced Breckenridge defense be an area of strength after allowing 29.8 points per game a year ago?
DON’T MISS BIG COUNTRY PREPS PRESEASON FOOTBALL PREVIEW ON AUG. 17!