Football is just around the corner, and we at BigCountryPreps.com are committed to bringing you the information you need to prepare for your favorite team’s season.
We’ll be releasing our Big Country Preps Preseason Football Preview, the most comprehensive look at the upcoming Big Country football season anywhere, on Wednesday, Aug. 17. But you won’t have to wait until then to sate your gridiron appetite.
Leading up to the first day of fall football practice on Aug. 1, we’ll be spotlighting each 11-man team in the area and posing some of the key questions they’ll face in 2022 as part of our annual “Countdown to Two-a-Days” series.
We stay in Class 3A Division II with the Early Longhorns. On Saturday we will take a look at the Wall Hawks followed by the Coahoma Bulldogs on Sunday.
LAST YEAR’S RECORD
- 9-3 overall, 3-2 District 3-3A Division I
ONE KEY STAT
- Early’s 9-3 campaign last fall marked the Longhorns’ first winning season since 2007 and just their fourth since 2000.
TWO NAMES TO KNOW
- Senior QB/DB Jaxyn Price (Had 2,106 yards and 29 touchdowns passing and 2 touchdowns rushing in 2021)
- Senior WR/DB John-Stewart Gordon (Had 648 yards and 9 touchdowns receiving while adding 28 tackles, 6 interceptions, 14 pass deflections and 2 defensive touchdowns in 2021)
THREE BURNING QUESTIONS
- With an experienced quarterback and several dynamic receivers returning, will Early take to the air more this fall?
- After graduating standout running back Tre Beam, will the Longhorns be able to get tough yards on the ground when they need them?
- Can a defense with six starters back match last year’s performance, which saw EHS hold opponents to 18.6 points per game?
DON’T MISS BIG COUNTRY PREPS PRESEASON FOOTBALL PREVIEW ON AUG. 17!