Football is just around the corner, and we at BigCountryPreps.com are committed to bringing you the information you need to prepare for your favorite team’s season.
We’ll be releasing our Big Country Preps Preseason Football Preview, the most comprehensive look at the upcoming Big Country football season anywhere, on Wednesday, Aug. 16. But you won’t have to wait until then to sate your gridiron appetite.
Leading up to the first day of fall football practice on July 31, we’ll be spotlighting each 11-man team in the area and posing some of the key questions they’ll face in 2023 as part of our annual “Countdown to Two-a-Days” series.
We move to Class 4A Division II with the Snyder Tigers. On Monday we will take a look at the Sweetwater Mustangs, followed by the Big Spring Steers on Tuesday.
LAST YEAR’S RECORD
- 4-7 overall, 2-2 District 3-4A Division II
ONE KEY STAT
- Snyder’s playoff appearance last fall was the Tigers’ seventh in eight years. The only year they missed the postseason in that stretch was 2020.
TWO NAMES TO KNOW
- Senior QB Easton Stewart (Passed for 1,705 yards and 18 touchdowns and rushed for 1 TD in 2022)
- Senior WR/DB Chon Vasquez (Received for 324 yards and 4 touchdowns and had 59 tackles, 4 tackles for loss and 2 interceptions in 2022)
THREE BURNING QUESTIONS
- Can the Tigers take advantage of a big senior class and the experience that comes with that?
- Can a Snyder team with limited depth stay healthy enough to contend in District 3-4A Division II?
- Can SHS get off to a faster start than it did a year when it went 2-4 against a tough nondistrict schedule?
DON’T MISS BIG COUNTRY PREPS PRESEASON FOOTBALL PREVIEW ON AUG. 16!