Football is just around the corner, and we at BigCountryPreps.com are committed to bringing you the information you need to prepare for your favorite team’s season.
We’ll be releasing our Big Country Preps Preseason Football Preview, the most comprehensive look at the upcoming Big Country football season anywhere, on Wednesday, Aug. 16. But you won’t have to wait until then to sate your gridiron appetite.
Leading up to the first day of fall football practice on July 31, we’ll be spotlighting each 11-man team in the area and posing some of the key questions they’ll face in 2023 as part of our annual “Countdown to Two-a-Days” series.
We continue in Class 2A Division I with the Anson Tigers. On Friday we will take a look at the Cisco Loboes, followed by the Colorado City Wolves on Saturday.
LAST YEAR’S RECORD
- 2-8 overall, 2-4 in District 4-2A Division I
ONE KEY STAT
- Anson missed the playoffs for the first time since 2014 last season, snapping a streak of seven consecutive seasons with postseason play.
TWO NAMES TO KNOW
- Senior OL/DL Josiah St. John (Was a first-team all-district performer on both sides of the ball in 2022)
- Senior QB/DB Tyler Wilburn (Passed for 334 yards and 2 touchdwons in 2022)
THREE BURNING QUESTIONS
- How much progress can the Tigers make in Year 2 under coach Cory McCombs?
- Can Anson take advantage of its speed at the skill positions?
- Can the Tigers fight their way back into the playoff discussion in a deep and tough district?
DON’T MISS BIG COUNTRY PREPS PRESEASON FOOTBALL PREVIEW ON AUG. 16!