Football is just around the corner, and we at BigCountryPreps.com are committed to bringing you the information you need to prepare for your favorite team’s season.
We’ll be releasing our Big Country Preps Preseason Football Preview, the most comprehensive look at the upcoming Big Country football season anywhere, on Wednesday, Aug. 17. But you won’t have to wait until then to sate your gridiron appetite.
Leading up to the first day of fall football practice on Aug. 1, we’ll be spotlighting each 11-man team in the area and posing some of the key questions they’ll face in 2022 as part of our annual “Countdown to Two-a-Days” series.
We begin in Class 2A Division II with the Albany Lions. On Thursday we will take a look at the Hamlin Pied Pipers, followed by the Cross Plains Buffaloes on Friday.
LAST YEAR’S RECORD
- 13-1 overall, 4-0 in District 8-2A Division II
ONE KEY STAT
- Albany’s 13 wins last season were the Lions’ most since 2017 and marked the program’s seventh season since 2008 with at least that many victories.
TWO NAMES TO KNOW
- Senior QB Cole Chapman (Passed for 2,314 yards and 32 touchdowns in 2021)
- Junior OL Zane Waggoner (Graded out at 96 percent with 46 pancakes in 2021)
THREE BURNING QUESTIONS
- Who will replace the rushing production lost with the graduation of Jaheim Newton?
- With Chapman and a strong receiving corps returning, will the Lions lean even more heavily on the pass than they have in recent years?
- Will the Albany lines develop quickly enough on both sides of the ball to avoid a slow start?
DON’T MISS BIG COUNTRY PREPS PRESEASON FOOTBALL PREVIEW ON AUG. 17!