Football is fast approaching, and we at BigCountryPreps.com are committed to bringing you the information you need to prepare for your favorite team’s season.
We’ll be releasing our Big Country Preps Preseason Football Preview, the most comprehensive look at the upcoming Big Country football season anywhere, on Friday, Aug. 14. But you won’t have to wait until then to sate your gridiron appetite.
Leading up to the first day of fall football practice on Aug. 3, we’ll be spotlighting each 11-man team in the area and posing some of the key questions they’ll face in 2019 as part of our “Countdown to Two-a-Days” series.
After featuring Forsan on Friday, we stay in District 3-2A Division I with the Haskell Indians. On Sunday, we will take a look at the Hawley Bearcats, followed by the Stamford Bulldogs on Monday.
LAST YEAR’S RECORD
- 3-8 overall, 1-3 in District 7-2A Division II
ONE KEY STAT
- Haskell was limited to 14 or fewer points in seven of its nine games last season.
TWO NAMES TO KNOW
- Senior OL/DL Brodie Frierson (Anchored the Haskell offensive line while adding 27 tackles and two sacks in 2019)
- Senior RB Marc Williams (Had 150 carries for 646 yards and four total touchdowns in 2019)
THREE BURNING QUESTIONS
- How will the Indians handle a move up to Class 2A Division I with 18 lettermen back, including eight starters on both sides of the ball?
- Who will replace Cutter Medford at quarterback and Logan Burson as Haskell’s top receiving target?
- Can the Indians make positive strides on defense, where they allowed 36 points per game a year ago?
EVAN AND DANIEL’S TAKE
DON’T MISS BIG COUNTRY PREPS PRESEASON FOOTBALL PREVIEW ON AUG. 14!